So today I crossed another age line. For some reason I imagined turning 24 would be as epic as Jack Bauer saving the world. This past year has been beyond my dreams. So I wanted to share 24 things I’ve learned in the last 24 years. Bear with my humor.
24. At any point you may become severely allergic to your favorite food. But know life will go on
23. Don’t wait for your adventure to begin. If you watch Up or Walter Mitty they teach you this lesson. You can be single and live the life you’ve always wanted.
22. Taylor swift is amazing
21. Wherever you are be all there. – Jim Elliot
20. Do hard things! This year I did a half marathon, went to Guatemala and saw my dad. All really really hard things I never even imagined but I DID IT! simply because I believed God would be with me. And he was!
19. Don’t stop seeking and asking God even if it feels hopeless.
18. Be around people that make you laugh.
17. Don’t fear rejection.
16. Change your look sometimes.
15. Go to concerts.
14. Laugh a lot. Even at your own jokes.
13. Enjoy being by yourself. Take drives. Get coffee. Love you!
12. Share your fears. Fear can only keep you if you let it. In the words of Elsa, “let it go”
11. Find a hobby. Something you love
10. Never stop learning.
9. Be unplugged randomly. Your phone will be there later
8. Take pictures!!!!
7. Always forgive. Life is too short to hold grudges.
6. Read books!
5. Get a pet you love!
4. Teach people.
3. Learn that the world doesn’t revolve around you. Serve. Love. Be there for people.
2. Live adventurously.
1. Always love and be yourself!
Love you friends! Excited for another year of writing!